Genealogy & Historical Information & Artifacts
- Indexes & Databases-Taken from books, magazines, etc... Reprints of
information are available, or just use our index to find information on the
person or place you are researching, then visit your local library.
- Vintage Postcard Gallery-Free gallery of antique postcard views to enjoy.
- Vintage Photo Gallery-Free gallery of antique photos, reproduced from
originals, books & magazines.
- Cemeteries on USGS Maps-Index to cemeteries shown on topographical maps,
follow the link to see the topo map, aerial view of the cemetery or a driving
directions map. Arranged by county.
- Cemetery photos-Modern day photos of cemeteries, with GPS information to
make it easy to visit them in person.
Items For Sale
- Antique Photos-Original portraits by local photographers, actual photos of
- Books-Directories, yearbooks, etc... from schools & churches. Local
histories, photo books, guide books & more. New, used & antique.
- Vintage Postcards-Antique postcard views of street scenes, schools,
churches, bridges, dams, airports, landmarks & more.
- Paper Items-Business cards, correspondence, business invoices, membership
cards & more.
- Miscellaneous Collectables-Stereo views, postmarks, first day covers,
automobile license plates, sports memorabilia, local history items.
Simple, easy to use directory of the following businesses.
- Antique Shops & Malls-Maybe you can find antiques from your family's past.
- Art & Photo Galleries-Find out how the local artists record & interpret
life in the area.
- Arts & Crafts Shops-Often arts & crafts are unique to a particular area.
Find handmade items just like your ancestors used or possibly made.
- Bed & Breakfast-Many times they are located in historic buildings, and the
proprietors are usually a great source for local history & information. (See
- Bookstores-Local new and used bookstores are a great source for that
elusive local or family history book you have been searching for.
- Campgrounds-As more and more people travel in RV's, stay in the most
convenient campground as you visit the historic sites.
- Dining-Historic, landmark or family owned. Maybe as simple as a historic
lunch counter, or as elaborate as the local landmark restaurant where your
ancestors may have celebrated a special event 50 or 100 years ago.
- Historic Sites-Public & Private
- Lodging-Historic, unique or unusual. (See also Bed & Breakfast)
- Museums-Local history, Living history
- Railroads-For decades railroads were the backbone of our nation. Listing
of historic railroads you can still travel on today, museums and on-line
- Interstate Travel Guides-Simple exit by exit directory to help you plan
- National & Local Parks
- Photo Galleries-Modern photos of local interest.